Saturday, February 21, 2009

Full Success!


Graham Gideon Oakeson was born 2/20/2009 just before 11pm via cesarean section. He weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces and was 21 inches tall. Michelle and baby are both recoving nicely. Although last night was trying at times we couldn't be more happy and more tired so apologies to everyone whose calls and messages we've ignored; please accept these photos until we are able to catch up with everybody personally.

Michelle beaming with anticipation the night before.
At about 10am Michelle was induced. Twelve hours later we began discussing the possibility of c-section because the baby had failed to make the needed progress. Apparently the hospital has felt the sting of the failing economy because they put me in a painting suit someone found in the janitor's closet.

Success!

10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Great pictures - thanks for keeping them PG. Graham will appreciate that in later years.
    You are such a trooper, Michelle! I think he looks like you.
    Jesse, awesome outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little guy. I can't believe I have such a handsome nephew! I wish so badly that I could be there. Michele - you are a real trooper. Give the little guy a kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh guys, congratulations! He is just perfect! Can't wait to meet him! Hope you feel better Michelle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, just as I predicted, birth by C-Section on February 20th. Emmry says hi! bjh (thats Emmry's typing)Thanks for the pictures. Your unreturned texts were keeping us in suspense. Knowing Jesse, I imagine him reading every pamphlet possible that was available in the hospital. We look forward to seeing the new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys~! Your baby is gorgeous! We are so excited for you! Congrats! You guys will be great parents! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I can't wait to meet him on Wednesday! I'm so glad Michelle and he are recovering nicely. I'm so happy for you both. He really is a handsome little man :)Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! he is such a doll....i think he looks just like michelle. i am sorry you guys had to have a c-section and hope your recovery is smooth. i'm glad his name is graham....and i can't wait to hold him. call me if you need anything this week, but if i don't hear from you i'll call you by this weekend to bring you dinner and see him. congrats.....and jesse, that suit it pretty awesome, good thing you took a picture. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so beautiful! We are SO happy for you guys, we can hardly stand it! Love the paint suit picture! That is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! He's beautiful and I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete